Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Dress Code: DEEP PURPLE DRESS

You are cordially invited to attend a thanksgiving party.
Kindly come in your best Deep Purple Dress!
Yes, let's be original ladies & gentlemen.
Let's stay away from B&W first as we're approaching the holiday season soon.
So what do birthday parties, wedding receptions & costume parties have in common?
They all have a theme, a motif, a dress code!

So let me share with you 5 types of people you can meet in a party.
You can tell their personalities by simply looking at the kind of outfit they're sporting.
The devil really is in the details so have fun mingling with your kind of crowd:
1. The "It Girl" or "Blair Waldorf" Look

Embroidered Long Sleeve Velvet Dress 

Nothing is ever too dressy for the "IT Girls".
It's always better to be over dressed than under dressed. Duh.

2. The "Let's Get This Over With" or The Shy Type
Hooded African Style Midi Dress

Dress down or do the hoodie look. 
Standing out from the crowd is just not my thing. It's better to just blend in.

3. The "Femme Fatale" or "Strip Tease" Look

Velvet Criss Cross Zip Short Formal

Let their imagination work.
Be sexy yet sophisticated ; sensual but not trashy!

4. The "Homey" or "Plain Jane" type

Cricket Long Sleeve Knitted Sweater

Any comfortable purple outfit would do.
I'm more important than my outfit so who cares?

5. The "I Didn't Get The Memo Look " or "Feeling VIP"

Colorful Dot Print Plunge Bodycon Dress

Why be a follower when I can be a trendsetter?
I'm still wearing a shade of purple & the colors of the rainbow!
Remember that if you're a guest, be sure to come in your Best Dark Purple Dress! 
We have a dress code so best to follow it.
If not, you're most probably not part of my guest list!
You wouldn't want people staring at you for being kill joy or a party crasher, right?

Your Host,
SOPHIEsticated



Follow me at my blog SOPHIEsticated for more updates! 






No comments:

Post a Comment