Thursday, August 3, 2017

THE TWO TONE APPEAL

This sweater weather makes us feel oh so lazy. T-shirt, blue jeans and a cardigan may be the default choice at this time of the year, but why be boring when your look can be so much interesting? Say goodbye to your Plain Jane look and hello to your Modern Barbie peg. How? Just say it with a maxi!
I just love how fun & stylish my Romwe Two Tone Shift Dress is. Who would have thought that a grey-orange color combination would look this stunning? The shade of orange is so cheerful and inviting that no gloomy weather can dampen your spirits. Lovin' the bold yet playful vibe this OOTD brings! 
Like the yin & yang, which strikes a powerful balance, this eye-catching combo is bold yet subtle in every way too. The vertical stripes makes you look tall, instantly elongating your body. Best of all, the color scheme is so original that you’ll make heads turn as you walk by. Yes, neutral colors can make you look dull at times so feel free to experiment and splash more colors into your wardrobe. You never want to look predictable, right?

However, if you really prefer sporting a basic look, why not try wearing something two-toned just like my outfit? Trust me, this is the simplest way to make the most boring girl stand out. Two-toned outfits are very eye-catching 'cause most play with a dark-light color combination. When worn right, they can in fact give you a very flattering figure.

MAXI DRESS | ROMWE
Maxis have that instant ‘Look at Me’ effect. I don’t agree when people say that maxis are a no-no for us petite girls. Truth is, I love sporting maxis because they can disguise so much of our insecurities. Take for instance, if you weren't able to shave your legs for your date night, maxis are your best bet. If you feel bloated from your lunch and you have a party to attend to at night, a maxi can instantly cover your belly with its flowy and breezy material. Trust me, no one would ever notice you’ve become bigger. There’s a reason why preggies usually opt to wear maxis aside from these being flexible and stylish.
Shoes can make or break an outfit so choose something fashionable yet comfortable. Nude stilettos, strappy wedges or caged block heels would be the best pair of footwear for your maxi dress. The extra height boosts my confidence, making me feel ready to conquer the world with a bang and not a painful pang. Flats are not advisable unless you're already model tall. Maxis are and will always be the ‘dress for all seasons and all reasons.’
I just love how flirtatious and stylish maxis look. It's so easy to wear that there's no need to mix 'n match. You can never feel over dressed nor under dressed with this one. And to complete my look, I usually cinch my waist with a belt to accentuate my curves more. Proportion is key to get that slim elongated look. Picture perfect! Thanks to my ROMWE OOTD.
Shoes | PAYLESS
Now that you know my A-lister secret, it's upto you if you want to recreate my look. If, however, you’re not the belt type of girl, you can opt to give your outfit an extra ‘oomph’ factor by wearing dangling accessories. A tassel or feather earring would be perfect to spice up your boho chic. Yes, cool and very laid back effect.

                                       Get more of my look at ROMWE





Follow me at my blog SOPHIEsticated for more updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment